plus addressing issues (puremessage followup question)

tallison at tacocat.net tallison at tacocat.net
Fri Oct 24 10:46:39 EDT 2003

> So does anyone in the group have any suggestions for completely disabling
> plus address handling in the cyrusv2 mailer, or anything else that might
> alleviate my puremessage quarantine release woes?  I do _not_ need
> user+mailbox at domain.com functionality, or user+shared at domain.com or any of
> that to work.  We don't use that stuff at all and never plan to.  I just
> would like sendmail to be able to handle plus addresses as though it was
> using a typical delivery agent.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> --
> Paul Schiro
> Sr. Systems Engineer
> American Select
> <paul at amersel.com>
> 720-280-7023

Probably not an answer at all, but...

if you were using postfix instead of sendmail I would be able to tell you
that you can disable the delimiter '+' in the configuration files of the
postfix application.

Since you are not using postfix, I can only suggest that you might look at
disabling the delimiter in the sendmail application.  That will force the
address username+foo at domain.tld to be rejected rather than processed to
username at domain.tld.