Sieve issue marking messages "Read"

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at stanford.edu
Mon Nov 3 18:12:56 EST 2003

Hello,

The mail server I use here at Stanford was recently upgraded to include
timsieved.  It is running without any local modifications.  I'm now doing
testing of its functionality, and I've noticed that for a few of my
mailboxes, the messages are marked "read" after being stored into their
folder.  Is this a known issue?  Is there something I need to do to prevent
this from happening?

My rules all take the form of:

if anyof (address :contains "To" "directory-team at lists", address :contains
"CC" "directory-team at lists") {
	fileinto "INBOX.itss.TSS.directory-team";
	discard;
	stop;
}

Where To/CC/From are what I filter on, then file into the appropriate
folder, discard the message, and stop any further evaluation.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer