sendmail-8.12.6+cyrus-imapd-2.0.17: check presence of the cyrus mailbox during establishing SMTP connection

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Fri Nov 7 16:12:05 EST 2003

Rob Siemborski wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Andrzej Filip wrote:
>

>>>- What would the map name be?  cyrus?  Would it ever change?  Can people
>>>envision different types of maps that this daemon would have to support?
>>
>>"cyrus" seems to be good default name.
>>Let us start with "mailbox presence" checking.
>

> I agree.

As promised, I just spent a few hours on a first pass of smmapd
(sendmail socket map daemon) and committed it to CVS (2.2).  If someone
want to use it for 2.1, it should port fairly easily.

Currently it ignores the map name, and verifies that the mailbox exists,
is postable and is under quota, using the same verify_user() function
used by lmtpd.  If the protocol is extended to include the message size
and authenticated user (perhaps with SIZE= and AUTH= optional args), the
verify_user() function already handles this.

I'll write up a manpage and some other docs shortly.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127