Site-wide Sieve script

Sarwar Ansari sarwar at indiaaccess.com
Fri Nov 7 13:30:56 EST 2003

Alexandros Vellis wrote:

> BTW, [OFF], the Squirrelmail plugin also supports a "spam rule" function
> for Joe User, since version 0.9.7, with a 'simple' and 'advanced'
> configuration page. The philosophy is the same with yours.

Yes Iam offerring avelsieve for per user email filtering.

> With regard to the original question, I'm guessing that whatever
> program/script creates your users in whatever your authentication
> method, could be modified to create a default SIEVE script in the proper
> directory spool/sieve/.. as well, and that script be made active.? A
> little cumbersome as opposed to a site-wide SIEVE script, but it might
> just work.

I was thinking on the same lines,
while a user is added to the  database , using your patch for cyrus
users INBOX/Sent INBOX/Trash .... would be auto created on post.

simultaneously script would also add default
"fileinto INBOX/Spam folder" sieve script
to /usr/sieve/u/username.domain directory.
and this would have the same affect as
site-wide sieve script.

Regards

Sarwar Ansari