virtual domains 2.1.15 - 2.2BETA

Robert Harris harlock at pclynk.net
Sun Nov 23 23:42:22 EST 2003

ok.. Ive been hashing out quite a few diffrernt ways and can just not seam to
get firtual domains working

according  to FAQ one needs to set the following in the imapd.conf file

configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: admin rick.admin at hisdomain.com jill.admin at herdomain.net
virtdomains: yes
defaultdomain: exampleisp.net

ok... done...  but heres the problem when createing the mailboxes

can only create for the default domain still  FAQ says create for new domain
as

   cm user.test at example.com

alas gives a perm denied error because mailbox "user.test at example" does not
exist for the mailbox ".com" to be added to it  tried several config options
and ways of createing the mailboxes but have resulted in either failing or
crashing the mailbox database :{  any insight on what I am missing would be
greatly appreciated...

p.s. same steps I've found all over the internet all basically the same
(although some omitted the "virtdomains: yes" statement in config but none
resulted in working virtual domain setup... (o-yeah tried different auth
methods also includeing ldap)