seen database format

Michael F. Sprague mfs at sanellc.net
Tue Nov 25 17:17:12 EST 2003

Hi folks,

I have setup Cyrus-IMAP v2.1.15 and it's working perfectly.  Now I am trying
to figure out how to migrate users from a old popper setup to Cyrus and
have it be as seemless as possible.  That means 99% of the users will continue
to use POP, at least for the short term.

I have written a script to migrate everyone's mail from mbox format to
Cyrus (I plan on releasing it when this is all done since I couldn't find
any tool like that out there) and that works fine.

The problem is that many of the users had 'leave mail on server' checked in
their POP client.  When I check mail to the Cyrus server, it uploads all of
the messages in their INBOX that they have already seen.

I've been trying to hack the X-UIDL header as I import the message but that
doesn't seem to help.  All I can figure is that Cyrus only uses the seen
database to determine if a message has been seen or not.  Is this correct?

If so, is there any good docs on the format of the seen database (I'm using
the flat file version).  I would like to hack my migration script to add
entries to the seen database as I import the messages.

thanks,
mikeS

Michael Sprague  | mfs at sanellc.net
Partner          | System and Network Engineering (SaNE), LLC
use STD::disclaimer;