building with snmp support in Solaris 8.

Eric S. Pulley eric at hamparts.com
Wed May 7 18:48:47 EDT 2003

Anybody besides me having trouble getting net/ucd-snmp support to
compile in with cyrus-imap-2.1.1x or 2.2 on Solaris 8?

I've tried the older ucd snmp as well as the newer net-snmp and right
now I'm using the 5.0.7 package for Solaris 8 from sunfreeware.com.
snmp works fine for other apps both compiled and the pkg version.

with cyrus I always get:

checking for sprint_objid in -lsnmp... no
checking UCD SNMP libraries... no

from configure

Giving configure the path to ucdsnmp or not results in the same
message.  If sprint_objid is not build into libsnmp on Solaris is there
a work around?
Any ideas?