mkimap and sieve directory

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Fri May 23 14:47:42 EDT 2003

Ken Woodhams wrote:
> While reading other posts on this mailing lists regarding cyrus imapd
> 2.2 I noticed that the mkimap tool created sieve related directories
> depending on what is mentioned in imapd.conf
>
> This is what I have regarding sieve:
> sieveusehomedir: false
> sievedir: /var/imap/sieve
>
> I remember that when I used 2.0.* the mkimap command mentioned
> something about sieve directories with the same options like mentioned
> above but I didn't see those with 2.2
>
> mail# su - cyrus
> %/usr/local/cyrus/bin/mkimap
> reading configure file...
> i will configure directory /var/imap.
> i saw partition /var/spool/imap.
> done
> configuring /var/imap...
> creating /var/spool/imap...
> done
>
> Is this behaviour normal? I know changes have been made to the sieve
> code in 2.2 , just curious if the server will prepare /var/imap/sieve
> by itself once a user starts adding sieve scripts.

All of the directories that Cyrus needs for 2.2 are created on the fly.
  On a freah install, you'll notice that none of the a-z hash
directories and present.  After you create a user.ken, you'llsee the
appropriate 'k' directories.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127