Questions about LDAP schema and Multi-Domain IMAP

Howard Chu hyc at highlandsun.com
Wed Mar 5 18:43:20 EST 2003

Right on both counts. Sorry for any confusion. saslauthd or pam_ldap as LDAP
clients will work against either OpenLDAP 2.0 or 2.1 servers, of course. And
if you're using TLS correctly then the second issue isn't very critical.

There's a performance penalty from the TLS connection establishment, and
unfortunately libldap doesn't support TLS session caching/reuse. (I started
work on that, but it's "new code" so will not appear in any OpenLDAP release
any time soon. It needs to be an external cache, to be of any benefit to a
one-process-per-connection daemon...)

  -- Howard Chu