Signaled to death by 11

Oliver Pitzeier o.pitzeier at uptime.at
Tue Mar 25 08:09:06 EST 2003

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
[ ... ]
> > I tried to copy some mails from one imap server to this new
> > one (using
> > Outlook XP and Outlook Express 6)... This is where the
> > error occurs...
>
> It is still a real bug. Cyrus should be resilient to fucked
> up input data (as long as you are feeding it through lmtp or
> imap). If it is segfaulting, it means that outlook is feeding
> crap to Cyrus, and we are eating it raw (instead of complaining).

That's what I expected...

> Unfortunately I don't have time to try to track it down right
> now :(  I am using my Cyrus time to package 2.2, and fix the
> morgue stuff.  Maybe one of the core developers :-) will do it.

Hopefully...

But theres is something that I still do not understand.

Compaq Alpha DS10, RedHat 7.2, Cyrus 2.1.4: Working with every Client
Compaq Alpha DS10, RedHat 7.2, Cyrus 2.1.12: Not working with Outlook 2000, XP,
Express

And the Problem occurs in mkgmtime.c, which has not been changed since 2000 (OK,
in Cyrus 2.2 it has already; ONE line).

Best regards,
 Oliver

PS: I hope I can fix it for myselve and then send patches out to the world. :-)