more fun ...

Jure Pecar pegasus at nerv.eu.org
Mon Jun 2 16:49:29 EDT 2003

While still recovering from the fs corruption, i've hit some more weird
things in 2.2a.

Consider this:

mailstore.domain.com> cm user/notyethere at domain.com
mailstore.domain.com> lam user/notyethere at domain.com
cyrus at domain.com lrswipcda
user at domain.com lrswipcda

like ... WTF? where do these ACLs come from? I wouldn't object much to cyrus
admin user set like this, but the second line ...

Anyway, i've stepped through mailbox creation with gdb and this is where
things start to look wrong first:

mboxlist_mycreatemailboxcheck (name=0xbffeb110 "domain.com!user.notyethere",
new_mbtype=0, partition=0x0, isadmin=1, userid=0x8136848 "cyrus at domain.com",
auth_state=0x8137720, newacl=0xbffe9e54, newpartition=0xbffe9e58, RMW=1,
localonly=0, force_user_create=0, tid=0xbffe9e5c) at mboxlist.c:350

350	    switch (r) {
375	    parentlen = 0;
376	    while ((parentlen==0) && (p = strrchr(parent, '.')) && !strchr(p,
'!')) {
398	    }
377		*p = '\0';
379		r = mboxlist_mylookup(parent, NULL, NULL, &parentpartition,

mboxlist_mylookup (name=0xbffe9bf0 "domain.com!user", typep=0x0, pathp=0x0,
partp=0xbffe9bdc, aclp=0xbffe9be0,
    tid=0xbffe9e5c, wrlock=0) at mboxlist.c:162

I'm sure this was functioning perfectly well before the crash.

The only major thing i did that i imagine could affect this in some way was
a rebuild of a mailboxes.db from a filesystem using a variant of the shell
script found on cyrus-utils.sf.net ...

It looks like i'll have to dump mailboxes.db to a flatfile, fix all the acl
errors and reimport it tonight ...

--

Jure Pecar