fetchmail and cyrus lmtp

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Wed Jun 4 08:37:25 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 04:07:34AM +0200, belgabor at gmx.de wrote:
> I'm running lmtpd via TCP since I never got it to work with sockets.
> Probably just 'smtphost ""' should be enogh to make it work.

I vaguely remember the post you made recently concerning this problem
(lmtpd does not work with socket).  I just had a flash concerning this.
If you are running RedHat with Postfix, you must know that Postfix is
being runned chroot'ed.  So you will need to create the socket somewhere
in Postfix's root, say /var/spool/postfix/etc/lmtpd, and refer to it as
/etc/lmtpd in Postfix config.

Anyway, just a thought.

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com