Detailed logging for lmtpd?

Ted Cabeen secabeen at pobox.com
Mon Jun 9 15:12:58 EDT 2003

Is there anyway to get detailed logging out of lmtpd and pop3d?  I've
recently started monitoring mail delivery from end-to-end, and the
nagios plugin that I'm using is reporting about 1 lost message a day.
I'd like to get some better logging data out of lmtpd and pop3d (mails
written to disk and retrieved from box at the least) so that I can
isolate the problem and find the bug in cyrus or the monitoring
script.

Will using -d be sufficient, or are there other logging options that
aren't documented.  I've got syslog running at debug level, but that
doesn't give much.

--
Ted Cabeen           http://www.pobox.com/~secabeen            ted at impulse.net
Check Website or Keyserver for PGP/GPG Key BA0349D2         secabeen at pobox.com