Problem with IMAP server suddenly hanging

Rob Tanner rtanner+cyrus at linfield.edu
Tue Jun 24 23:35:27 EDT 2003

Hi,

I just installed cyrus-imapd-2.1.13 on a Solaris machine.  The
conversion from the old MessagingDirect server was even easier than
expected.  The server started up just fine and then hung.  I kill the
master and restart and everything is okasy for a while and then it
hangs (imap requests connect but nothing happens).  Also, I've noticed
that "ctl_cyrusdb -c" is also hung at the time (truss shows the process
in a constant sleep state from which it doesn't awake until master is
killed).  I think ctl_cyrusdb's sleep state is a symptom, not the cause
since it also runs at other times just fine.

Any ideas on what I need to look at/for?

Thanks.

Rob Tanner
Linfield College,
McMinnville, Oregon