Case sensitive lmtp?

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Jun 30 03:56:51 EDT 2003

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Bojan Zdrnja wrote:

> Everything works fine, but I noticed that Cyrus IMAP rejects e-mail and
> being case sensitive in addresses.

Yep. Two possible approaches:

1) Get Postfix to tranlate the localpart to the correct case (using
   either some kind of rewrite rule or an alias file). Afraid we use
   Exim rather than Postfix: I'm not sure just what Postfix can do here.

2) A unoffical patch does exist for lmtpd:

    http://asg.web.cmu.edu/archive/message.php?
       mailbox=archive.info-cyrus&msg=19723

I suspect that (1) is the recommended approach.

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.