Log message: No worthy mechs found

Scott Bronson bronson at rinspin.com
Thu Jul 10 00:22:19 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 14:05, Ken Murchison wrote:

> It looks like your perl script is trying to authenticate to your server
> using DIGEST-MD5 and failing.
> Yes.  Read doc/options.html in the SASL distro.  I'm guessing that you want:
> 	sasl_mech_list: PLAIN

Thanks, Ken.  That helped a lot.  It got rid of two of the log
messages, but the "no worthy mechs" remains.

   auth.log:Jul  9 18:15:28 eden perl: No worthy mechs found
   auth.log:Jul  9 18:17:24 eden perl: No worthy mechs found
   auth.log:Jul  9 18:17:42 eden perl: No worthy mechs found
   auth.log:Jul  9 18:20:19 eden perl: No worthy mechs found

After reading the documentation, my configuration looks correct
to me...

   sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
   sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
   sasl_auxprop_plugin: sasldb

Any ideas?  I'm not getting any other related messages.  I really
have no idea how Perl can't find any worthy mechs, yet the script
still works.  :)