Determining deliverability

Pat Lashley patl at volant.org
Sun Jul 13 19:36:00 EDT 2003

--On Sunday, July 13, 2003 15:20:46 -0700 "Kevin P. Fleming"
<kpfleming at cox.net> wrote:

> Exim 4.20 has (almost) what is needed to do this now. It can already do
> SMTP callouts to verify recipients. It can also LMTP callouts, as long
> you aren't using LMTP AUTH for delivery to Cyrus. I am using LMTP AUTH so
> I don't have to add special permissions to folders for direct subfolder
> delivery, but if you aren't, and are using LMTP over TCP/IP for delivery
> to Cyrus, then all you need is a "verify = recipient" clause in one of
> your ACLs, and Exim will make the callout for you. Exim also caches
> callout results, so it won't make repeated callouts for the same
> addresses more often than you specify.

Excellent!  Just what I was looking for.  I am installing 4.20; but
I didn't notice that bit of additional functionality.  (I expect I
would have noticed when I finished converting the routers from the
old config and started on the ACLs, exiscan, and other stuff that
wasn't in 3.22.  The documentation has gotten too big to just read
all the way through before trying anything.  At least for updates...)

Thanks,
-Pat