cyrus-2.2-cvs: virtualdomains and sendmail virtusertable (cyrusv2 as local mailer)

Christian Schulte cs at schulte.it
Thu Jan 2 02:11:22 EST 2003

Jonathan Marsden schrieb:

>>I think the two lines you added should look like
>>

>>`R$=L < @ $=w . >       $#_LOCAL_ $: @ $1 < @ $2 >      special local names
>>R$+ < @ $=w . >         $#_LOCAL_ $: $1 < @ $2 >        regular local name')
>>

>>don't they ? For me thinks work after chaning them this way !
>>

>I'm glad you've found something that works for you.  I'd have to run
>more tests to know if that same change to proto.m4 would work for me.
>It could be that you have found a more generic approach than mine.
>What I sent is in active use on multiple smallish servers under
>Sendmail 8.12.5, and seems to be working fine so far.

Hello again,

actually I found the problem what made your patch not work for me
without the need to change it! I changed the cyrusv2 mailer definition
to R=EnvToSMTP instead of the original R=EnvToL and used the mailertable
for delivery earlier for which your patch does not work. Now I am able
to use your patch unchanged. There is just one problem which drives me
crazy the whole time. I cannot get the aliases to work. If I have an
entry in virtusertable with an RHS of  just a local alias e.g.
LHS:@domain.tld RHS:alias_x and also have this alias_x:  defined in the
aliases database. During delivery cyrusv2 mailer gets selected for the
alias_x RHS from virtusertable and then cyrusv2 mailer will not do the
actual alias expansion but tries to deliver to the alias_x mailbox
(user.alias_x). Do you have any idea why that happens ?  Do aliases work
for you with I think now the same setup ?

--Christian--