Sieve reject working but emails get delivered to inbox ?

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Mon Jan 6 10:11:31 EST 2003

Christian Schulte wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed the contrib/sieve-spamassassin patches and everything is
> working in my 2.2-cvs installation. My problem now is, that sieve reject
>      seems to not work properly.
>
> require ["spam", "fileinto", "reject"];
>
> if spam {
>          reject "This email did not pass our spam-detection tests and
> was identified as beeing spam! The recipient did NOT receive this email!";
>          discard ;
> }
>
> This is a part of my sieve-script. It should reply to all spam
> identified emails with the reject text und afterthat should discard the
> email so that it will not get delivered to the inbox. This does not work
> for me! The rejection-email gets send but the email will not get
> discarded and thus gets delivered to the users inbox what I do not want!
> How can I auto-reply to and discard emails with sieve ?

Actually, the discard shouldn't be necessary, since the reject should
cancel the implicit keep.

Are you seeing any errors in imapd.log?  If sieve thinks that some
action is failing, it will abort the script and _always_ do a keep.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127