backup mail server

Rob Siemborski rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Jan 11 02:22:07 EST 2003

Murder won't do this (well, not yet anyway, and it's not even in the
planning stages).

If you really want a hot spare machine, you really need some sort of
clustering solution, which is likely to be expensive.

-Rob

On 11 Jan 2003, Greg Sidleinger wrote:

> I have a small cyrus setup that only a few users use but I want to setup
> some kind of live backup system for it.  I would really just like to
> have two cyrus servers that keep the same mail boxes on them so if one
> fails (hardware, software crash, smurfs, etc...) the other will have a
> back up the mail and continue to receive mail.  I was reading up on the
> murder stuff for cyrus but am not sure if it is what I want and if I
> have the spare systems to support everything.  If anyone could point me
> in the right direction it would be great.
>
> Greg

Rob Siemborski * Andrew Systems Group * Cyert Hall 207 * 412-268-7456
Research Systems Programmer * /usr/contributed Gatekeeper