UW to Cyrus transition

marc.bigler at day.com marc.bigler at day.com
Thu Jan 16 10:20:38 EST 2003

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this, that's really neat from you ! Can you maybe in a
few words explain us the login and how your scripts works ? Also what is
required (external tools if any) to get it to work ?

Regards

|--------+------------------------------------->
|        |                                     |
|        |          tosi at hi.is                 |
|        |          Sent by:                   |
|        |          owner-info-cyrus at lists.andr|
|        |          ew.cmu.edu                 |
|        |                                     |
|        |                                     |
|        |          16.01.2003 13:14           |
|        |                                     |
|--------+------------------------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                          |
  |      To:     <info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu>                                                           |
  |      cc:                                                                                                 |
  |      Subject:     UW to Cyrus transition                                                                 |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi people,

In the last week of december, I ported 10000 ( c.a. ) users from UW to
Cyrus.

As I had a REALLY hard time finding ANY help whatsoever ( scripts etc ), I
wrote some of my own.

I must say, they DO take time. I was running them on a Sun Fire 880 with
4x900MHz CPUs and 8GB RAM, and all files local. It takes around 8-10 hours
per 2500 users with around 20GB of data total.

So for 10000 users with around 80GB of data, up to 40 hours of conversion
time is a fairly close estimate.

I am sure that the scripts are not completely bug-free, but they did work
for me.

BEWARE: usernames with dots in them are NOT very well handled.

Share and enjoy.

-tosi

(See attached file: CYR)(See attached file: output_mailfile)(See attached
file: uw2cyr)