Problem with cyrus and deleting a message with a virus.

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Tue Jan 21 17:10:16 EST 2003

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Mark London wrote:
> I'm not messing with it, uvscan is doing it.  Is there a better software

You told it to...

> alternative that will delete viruses on the server?  Are we the only people

Yes, you don't let the virus in the server on the first place, using a
content scanning proxy coupled to the antivirus, and tie them to the MTA
BEFORE Cyrus.

Users can still upload viruses through IMAP, but then they're asking for a
account removal...

> using cyrus that are running virus scanning software on the server?

Well, everyone I know does it in the MTA to avoid trashing the Cyrus spool.

> Btw, I would think cyrus should be able to handle the simple case of a missing

It handles that fine, but not in the way you want it to :)  I am not sure
exactly what changes would need to be made to make it 'test if a message
file is there before it tries to unlink it', or to ignore JUST the 'file not
found' error when trying to unlink it.  After all, all other IO errors must
still not be ignored...

  Henrique Holschuh