Move Emails From a unix format to cyrus

John Alton Tamplin jtampli at sph.emory.edu
Fri Feb 7 13:42:31 EST 2003

Brandon High wrote:

>On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 18:11, test s wrote:
>

>>Does anyone know how to Move Emails From a unix format which is on server A
>>to cyrus which is on server B
>>

>We migrated from WU-imapd to Cyrus last year...
>
>The easiest way is to pipe the mail into deliver. It takes a little
>custom shell/perl scripting, but nothing too tricky.

With that approach, you lose all flags and seen state.  The mbxcvt
program from UW imap-utils worked fine for us (with a perl wrapper to
handle the fact that we were doing the transition one user at a time via
a proxy rather than all at once and shutting down as well as going
through all the folders automatically), with some minor hacking to
handle the passwords.  I have been told that it now supports SASL so you
can use auth plain and proxy as the administrator account rather than
logging in as each user.

--
John A. Tamplin                               Unix System Administrator
Emory University, School of Public Health     +1 404/727-9931