Outlook 2002 vs. Cyrus 2.1.12

Per Steinar Iversen PerSteinar.Iversen at adm.hio.no
Sat Feb 8 09:44:17 EST 2003

I just tried to copy a large number of messages from an Outlook PST file
to an IMAP server running Cyrus 2.1.12, but Outlook 2002 SP2 would not
cooperate. As test I then tried copying to an old Cyrus 1.6.22 server -
that works!

Surely the problem is with Outlook, not Cyrus, still it would be
interesting to know just what trips up Outlook with the more recent Cyrus
version.

There is no problem for Outlook connecting, making folders, reading
messages etc against Cyrus 2.1.12, but the copying operation always fail -
Outlook seem to hang. It uses no CPU, does no IO from the PST file and
says nothing to the IMAP server.

All this with Outlook 2002 SP2 running on Windows XP.

-psi