Outlook 2002 vs. Cyrus 2.1.12

Fabian Fagerholm fabbe at paniq.net
Sat Feb 8 11:08:42 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-02-08 at 16:44, Per Steinar Iversen wrote:
> There is no problem for Outlook connecting, making folders, reading
> messages etc against Cyrus 2.1.12, but the copying operation always fail -
> Outlook seem to hang. It uses no CPU, does no IO from the PST file and
> says nothing to the IMAP server.

Outlook can behave very strangely sometimes. Try copying only one
message and see if that works. If yes, then you can try to gradually
increase the number of messages you are copying until you hit the limit.

Another trick that I've had to use is to create a temporary local folder
in Outlook, copying 25-50 messages into it, and then copying them to the
IMAP server from that folder.

Failing that, create a new PST file and use it as a buffer for the
temporary folder as described above.

Finally, you may try to export all messages into a new PST file, copy it
to another computer, import it into Outlook, and copy the messages from
there.

And don't ask how I ended up doing these steps... ;)
--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe at paniq.net>
paniq.net