not able to receive mails in cyrus-postfix

srikarreddy kasarla srikarreddyk at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 10 07:31:42 EST 2003

Hello,

       i need a help regarding receiving mail in
cyrus.

       I installed Postfix-1.1.11 and cyrus-2.1.12 and
horde.

       my system is redhat 8.0.

       i am able to send mails from my system but i am
not able to receive the mails. I find in the log files
like this

 to=<srikar at b76c.w1.ton.tut.fi>, relay=none, delay=0,

status=deferred (connect to
/var/imap/socket/lmtp[/var/imap/socket/lmtp]:
No such file or directory)

       my /etc/cyrus.conf is like this

   # at least one LMTP is required for delivery

#lmtp   cmd="lmtpd" listen="lmtp" prefork=0

#lmtp   cmd="lmtpd" listen="localhost:lmtp" prefork=0

lmtpunix  cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/imap/socket/lmtp"
prefork=0

       my posstconf -n output is like this.

alias_database = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases

alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases

command_directory = /usr/sbin

config_directory = /etc/postfix

daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix
debug_peer_level = 2

default_privs = nobody

inet_interfaces = all

mail_owner = postfix

mail_spool_directory = /var/mail

mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail

mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/imap/socket/lmtp

mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq.postfix

manpage_directory = /usr/share/man

mydestination = $myhostname

mydomain = w1.ton.tut.fi

myhostname = b76c.w1.ton.tut.fi

myorigin = $myhostname

queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix

readme_directory =
/usr/share/doc/postfix-1.1.11/README_FILES

relay_domains = $mydestination

sample_directory =
/usr/share/doc/postfix-1.1.11/samples

setgid_group = postdrop