sieve rejects to cyrus@domain.com instead of sender

Justin Albstmeijer justin at tryllian.com
Wed Feb 19 15:50:38 EST 2003

> I suspect you're seeing the same thing I saw in
> http://www.mail-archive.com/info-cyrus@lists.andrew.cmu.edu/msg09915.html
>
> That message includes my "fix", which may not apply in your
> situation.  But maybe it will give you more keywords to
> google for :-)  All the best,
>
> Will

Thx for your reply..

The following explains my problem... (-r) fixed it for me

http://www.delouw.ch/linux/Postfix-Cyrus-Web-cyradm-HOWTO-depricated/html/configuration.html

old:

flags=R user=cyrus argv=/cyrus/bin/deliver -e -m ${extension} ${user}

new:

flags= user=cyrus argv=/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver -r ${sender} -m ${extension}
${user}

What affect that changes?

A look to the cyrus man-pages man deliverclears that issue:

The Postfix default setup uses a wrong path to the cyrus deliver, this ist
the first change. The parameter »-r« Inserts a proper return path, without
that mail rejected by sieve will be sent to cyrus at yourdomain.