Few questions on deliver

Scott Balmos sbalmos at adelphia.net
Thu Feb 27 10:16:04 EST 2003

Hi again all,

Yesterday I got my shared folders setup working. Thanks to Ken & Earl
for their thoughts. Found out that Outlook & others don't care about not
having an Inbox. Later on last night I got the CyrusBB support going in
Postfix.

A few questions though...

1. Deliver's manpage states that if the "user" doesn't have posting ACL
rights to the folder the message is to be delivered to, then it rejects,
no problem. Yet the "user" to match off of is controlled supposedly by
the -a switch to the deliver command. This feels like it almost
certainly has to be hard-coded into my MTA setup (Postfix). Has anyone
ever gotten Postfix configured in a way that it feeds in something from
the message, say the username portion of the From: header, as the switch
to -a for deliver, so I can have some real per-user posting rights?

2. Since this is a mostly shared-folder setup... Is there any way that
deliver, or again maybe Postfix, to modify or suppress some headers?
Specifically I'd at least like a Reply-To header changed, so that if a
user clicks Reply, they reply to the submission address of the shared
folder, not reply to the original poster's personal email address. Also,
I'd like to, if possible, suppress the To and Cc headers. The personal
email addresses of other users or such are shown when a message is
viewed, which could be a privacy concern in my case. For example, if a
message is sent to foo at bar.org, blah at icch.com, and
news+blah.test at news.gagh.net (the submission address), when anyone views
that message, it'll have headers stating that it was sent to foo, blah,
and the discussion board.

3. Finally, and this is off-topic I'm sorry (:D), but has anyone *ever*
gotten Outlook to thread IMAP, whether through a patch or module or
anything. Outlook Express does it fabulously. It seems absolutely stupid
that M$ would put a desired function in their free version, but not
their for-pay version. Yes, I know Exchange MAPI public folders do
thread. But that's a different protocol and server. Hrm... Hidden
sleight of hand by M$ to force you to buy Exchange?

Thanks again for any replies!

--
Scott Balmos