User creation - automatic subscriptions

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Thu Dec 4 06:23:51 EST 2003

Hi,

I am putting together a large cyrus system - 20,000 users - at a UK college.

Creation of users need to be automatic, I will get a list of new users every
day from central admin. Logged in as cyrus I can create the users and their
mail boxes (drafts, etc) using a perl script, easy.

The user then needs to be subscribed to their mailboxes. This must be done
logged in as the user - that is hard, I have no way of knowing their password.

I do notice that the user fred's subscription list is stored in:

	/var/imap/user/f/fred.sub

Is there any reason why I should not just create that file ?

Come to that, is there any reason why I should not create the user's
mailbox directly, ie .../users/fred/ and use reconstruct to rebuild
the cyrus.cache, etc files ?

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

FATHERS-4-JUSTICE - Campaigning for equal rights for parents and the
best interests of our children. See http://www.fathers-4-justice.org