How to create a mailbox with virtualdomains and unixhierarchysep?

Paul Boven p.boven at chello.nl
Tue Dec 9 04:44:02 EST 2003

Hi everyone,

I've setup a Cyrus-Imapd-2.2.2-BETA with these statements in the imapd.conf:
altnamespace: yes
virtdomains: yes
unixhierarchysep: true

However, since adding unixhierarchysep (and doing a clean reinstall,
this is on a test server) I can no longer add user mailboxes: these all
get shown as 'Shared Folders'.

cyradm> cm user.test at bogusdomain.nl
cyradm> lm
user.test at bogusdomain.nl (\HasNoChildren)

telnet localhost 143
. login
. list * *
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Shared Folders/user.test"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Shared Folders/user.test"
. OK Completed (0.000 secs 3 calls)

The directory created in my mailspool is
/var/spool/imap/domain/bogusdomain.nl/user^test which contains
cyrus.cache, cyrus.header and cyrus.index.
Shouldn't the directory-name be user.test though?

How does one create a new user? Am I doing something wrong here?

Regards, Paul Boven.