ipurge

telsey at starband.net telsey at starband.net
Wed Dec 17 12:20:53 EST 2003

>>>No, the domain is always appended to the end of the mailboxname.  Try:
>>>
>>>ipurge -f -d 3 user/%/mail/Trash at domain.com
>>>
>>>--
>>>Kenneth Murchison     Oceana Matrix Ltd.
>>>Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
>>>716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127
>>>--PGP Public Key--    http://www.oceana.com/~ken/ksm.pgp
>>

>> so if I were going to run it against all accounts, I would use a "%"
>> instead of an "*"?  Ok, I will give it a try.
>
> * matches everything, including the hierarchy separator.  % doesn't
> match the separator, so you will only get
> user/telsey/mail/Trash at domain.com and not
> user/telsey/foo/bar/mail/Trash at domain.com
>>
>> For testing on an individual account, would the following work for a
>> user with an account like telsey at domain.com.
>>
>> ipurge -f -d 3 user/telsey/mail/Trash at domain.com
>
> Yes.
>

>> Thanks for your help.  I just want to be extremely sure that I don't
>> fubar the syntax and end up deleting mail that I had not intended to
>> remove.
>>
> --
> Kenneth Murchison     Oceana Matrix Ltd.
> Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
> 716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127
> --PGP Public Key--    http://www.oceana.com/~ken/ksm.pgp

Ok, I tried the individual ipurge command above (ipurge -f -d 3
user/telsey/mail/Trash at domain.com), but it did not remove anything.  It
executed and imediately went back to the prompt with no error or anything
else.  I definately have old items in my Trash.

I am executing the command from the command line as the cyrus account.

su - cyrus
cd /usr/cyrus/bin
./ipurge -f -d 1 user/telsey/mail/Trash at domain.com

Does ipurge log any information anywhere?  Is there an updated version of
the program?  I'm ready, and willing to try anything.