Postfix + procmail + cyrus

Pollywog linux at shadypond.com
Tue Dec 16 21:36:00 EST 2003

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:16:53 -0500 (EST)
cyrus-info at dirk.demon.co.uk wrote:

> procmail  unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
>   flags=R user=cyrus argv=/usr/bin/procmail -t -m USER=${user}
>   EXTENSION=${extension} /etc/procmailrc
>
> this didn't work since procmail was being executed as user cyrus so
> couldn't read the users .procmailrc

I had the same problem and the only solution I could find was to make all
procmail files owned $user.procmail after making a group "procmail".  I also
added cyrus and postfix to the "sasl" group and added cyrus and postfix to the
procmail group and added cyrus to the postfix group.

Someone suggested I use the new ACL features that the newer Linux kernels
support, but I have not yet learned how this works.

--
Andrew