global admin without defaultdomain?

Igor Brezac igor at ipass.net
Mon Dec 29 21:42:27 EST 2003

> Ummm.. there aren't many mechs on my system :-) But at least this

Read cyrus-sasl/doc/

> Would you like me to post my config again? I don't know what to tell you
> about my configuration to make you believe me when I say I can't connect a
> global admin through anything but localhost. If I had the time and I was
> more understanding of C, I'd dive in the code and hunt it down, but the
> best I can provide right now is evidence. I don't know how bad I could
> screw the configuration (and I'm pretty good about reading docs), so I
> really don't see why this looks suspicious.

Well, something has to be different.  I never ran 2.2.2-Beta and perhaps I
incorrectly assume that there is very little difference between it and cvs
head.  The code prior to recent Ken's commit discards domain part of the
username if the username is in defaultdomain.  So, I do not understand why
do your admin logins have domain in the queries.  This can also explain
why you are only able to connect to localhost with your admin userid.

Ken, any ideas?

--
Igor