[POLL] Cyrus 2.2 virtdomains behavior (Was: global admin without defaultdomain?)

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Tue Dec 30 13:33:37 EST 2003

Christos Soulios wrote:

> This means that there is no choice for an administrator who might want
> to distribute users to the domains _only_ according to the IP address of
> the server that users connect to? I would not like my users to have the
> ability to choose a domain only by appending a @domain to their userid.

But authentication should fail in this case, unless the user's in two
different domains have the same userid and password.

> Are there any negatives consequences for implementing a byipaddress only
> option too?

Don't know.  Rob and I wondered what would be the reasonable thing to do
if byipaddess was configured and a user used a fully qualified userid to
log in.

> I would like to see it implemented in cyrus, if this is not
> a problem.

Its not a problem to implement it.  I'd like to get some more discussion
on how the two methods can/should interact.

> Ken Murchison wrote:
>

>> I just committed some code to CVS which changes the virtdomains option
>> from a SWITCH to an ENUM having 3 options:
>>
>> off/no/0/false/f    (disabled)
>> userid            (fully qualified userids only)
>> on/yes/1/true/t        (current behavior)
>>

>> What this means (hopefully) is that existing installations of 2.2 code
>> (whether virtdomains is enabled or not) should be unaffected.  Those
>> that don't want the reverse IP address lookup can use the "userid"
>> option.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127