cvt_cyrusdb_all

Norman Zhang nzhang at arkon-group.com
Wed Aug 6 10:54:22 EDT 2003

"Luca Olivetti" wrote

>> After installing cyrus-imapd, I was prompted to convert the
>> /var/lib/imap/mailboxes.db. But I get the following error not being
>> able convert db3 to flat. Would someone please tell me how can I
>> fix this?
>
> Mmm, I replied to this message on the mandrake mailing list where it was
> originally posted, but for some reason (probably sympa) it didn't show
> up. I'm pasting my reply here:

I did see your reply. But I'm using news.gname.org.

> Why was /var/lib/imap/mailboxes.db there?
> Did you have a previous version of cyrus-imapd manually installed (i.e
> not via rpm)?

I guess it might came from postfix or squirrelmail or php-imap module came
with mandrake. I can't remember what I did with this box as I'm trying to
throw things together and make it work.

> If there's no useful data there, I suggest you remove the rpm, rm -rf
> /var/lib/imap, rm -rf /var/spool/imap and reinstall the rpm.

Since I only have root on this box, I did exactly want you suggested above.
I'm using the latest RPM for 9.1 from your site. The install seems to be
smooth. Thanks. May I ask how can I recreate a root mailbox so mail can be
delivered for root?

Thanks and Regards,
Norman