need organizational hint

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Fri Apr 11 10:10:35 EDT 2003

Phil Howard wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 10:11:40PM -0400, Ken Murchison wrote:
>

> | Phil Howard wrote:

> | > |

> | > And how does this get run?  Is it its own MTA?  An SMTP front end?
> | > An LMTP front end?  Patches to Postfix?
> |

> | The Sieve bytecode gets executed at the time of delivery by Cyrus lmtpd.
>
> How will it do rejections that are to be done based on the IP address
> of the MTA that makes the SMTP connection to my MTA?  Is that address

It can't.  You can only do Sieve rejections based on headers contents,
SMTP/LMTP envelope contents and message size.  You should read RFC 3028
to understand the capabilities of Sieve.

If you want to do blacklisting by IP, then this is an MTA function.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127