Long Lived imapd processes

Earl R Shannon Earl_Shannon at ncsu.edu
Wed Apr 16 13:06:59 EDT 2003

Hello,

I'm sorry, but I'm just a little confused. Let me re-word what you said
and make sure I understand it properly.

You SHOULD only kill a process that has an active connection on it.

As opposed to the CAN I read below, because I CAN kill all the imapd
processes. Been there done that. My point is, if it is should, might the
going away of the last imapd process and master not starting a new one
be considered a bug?  That is what I'm seeing happen.

Regards,
Earl Shannon