Debian Postfix backports and SASL2

Alexander Skwar lists.ASkwar at email-server.info
Tue Apr 29 08:12:16 EDT 2003

Markus Welsch wrote:

>>That's not hard.  Shutdown MySQL and move the whole directory
>>/var/run/mysqld to /var/spool/var/run (which you have to create first).
>> Same with /var/run/saslauthd.   Then replace these directories with
>>links; ie:
>>
>>ln -s ../spool/postfix/var/run/{saslauthd,mysqld} /var/run
>

> IMHO, this is not a really clean solution though !

Well, IMHO it's not really clean at all that /var/run is completely wiped...

But what do you dislike?  Moving the socket into the postfix chroot?  Or
creating the links?  The mysql link is not really needed as it's easy to
configure the location of the sock in my.cnf.  Same for the saslauthd link.

The links from /var/run -> /var/spool/postfix/var/run are
"compatability" links for "legacy" applications, so to speak.  As far as
these applications are concerned, the links are not needed.

Alexander Skwar
--
Signatur vorübergehend deaktiviert.