Debian Postfix backports and SASL2

Alexander Skwar lists.ASkwar at email-server.info
Tue Apr 29 09:55:20 EDT 2003

Markus Welsch wrote:

> Moving the socket in the postfix chroot of course. Well you always limit

Ah.

> your capabilities since then you can't run mysql chrooted. Except you

True.  However I don't run mysql chrooted.

> have a chroot location where both mysql and postfix are in ... and this
> is bullshit ... the only solution away from this is a tcp connect ... so

But aren't TCP connects slower than socket connects?  That's the reason
why I always use sockets.

> running mysql not bound to the loopback device (like it's default in
> debian).

?

The default in Debian is to start mysqld with --skip-networking.  If I'd
disable this, I'd set bind=127.0.0.1 and try to do TCP connects to the
loopback device so that connects from the outside are not possible.

Alexander Skwar
--
Signatur vorübergehend deaktiviert.