sieve reject rule doesnt work

Ilya mail at krel.org
Fri Sep 6 00:47:28 EDT 2002

Hi.
I am trying to get sieve Reject rule to work, but with no luck.
I am running 2.1.9 with exim, I use  lmtpunix
cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=0
fileinto commands work fine, but reject just simply doesn't do anything. I
can see that sieve processed the email because the X-Sieve header is there.
here is the script I use:
require "reject";
if header :contains "Subject" "movie" {reject "Possible";}

Also whenever I run sieveshell or cyradm, the first letter of the first
output line is on a previous line, ie:
> list
ngo  <- active script

and if I actually copy paste these lines into vi or whatever I get only one
line!
> list
ingo  <- active script
> quit

as if there is no new line character there. happens for both cyradm and
sieveshell.

localhost.alchemistry.net> ver
name       : Cyrus IMAPD
version    : v2.1.9 2002/08/30 18:40:23
vendor     : Project Cyrus
support-url: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus
os         : FreeBSD
os-version : 4.6-STABLE
environment: Cyrus SASL 2.1.6
             Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 3.3.11: (July 12, 2001)
             OpenSSL 0.9.6a 5 Apr 2001
             CMU Sieve 2.2
             TCP Wrappers
             mmap = shared