imapd, sasl, imtest connection refused

Kimberly Triplett ktriplett at riteaid.com
Wed Sep 11 17:04:13 EDT 2002

I downloaded all the rpm's from the web site you listed, did a make
distclean on both packages and installed the rpm's.

I installed cyrus-imapd-2.1.9-1.i386.rpm
            cyrus-imapd-utils-2.1.9-1.i386.rpm
            perl-cyrus-2.1.9-1.i386.rpm

            cyrus-sasl-2.1.5-1.i386.rpm
            cyrus-sasl-devel-2.1.5-1.i386.rpm
            cyrus-sasl-md5-2.1.5-1.i386.rpm
            cyrus-sasl-plain-2.1.5-1.i386.rpm
Everything seemed to go ok - I logged into the cyrus account
and issued the following commands and got the following error messages:

imtest -m login -p imap localhost
       connect: connection refused
       failure: network initialization

cryadm localhost
       cryadm: cannot connect to server

Are there any more suggestions on what else I can do or where else to look.

Thanks
Kim