Cyrus IMAP Presentation

Amos Gouaux +archive.info-cyrus at utdallas.edu
Tue Sep 17 13:38:08 EDT 2002

>>>>> On 17 Sep 2002 13:17:06 -0400,
>>>>> Brian  <brianb at sboss.net> (b) writes:

b> I knew someone would mention that book ;-)   ... but it really doesn't
b> count.  It was pretty much out of date by the time it came out and,
b> while it did cover Cyrus, it was pretty broad in scope.

Well, truth be told, I was a little frustrated that it made
absolutely no mention of Postfix.  I tried, but as I saw, putting
something together like that is hell.

b> While it was a good book, I really want one that is nothing but Cyrus
b> version 2 written for admins (ie with no "What is IMAP?" chapter). Cyrus
b> is probably one of the few really great and useful programs with a large
b> user-base that has no real O'Reilly book to indoctrinate the unwashed
b> masses still using those other IMAP servers.

Yeah, and the new virtual server stuff that is being developed I
suspect could be a rather meaty chapter on its own.

--
Amos