how many users can Cyrus server support? -- is 5.5 msg/sec slow?

Simon Loader simon at surf.org.uk
Wed Sep 18 14:05:58 EDT 2002

> Right now, I don't know is 5.5 msg/sec slow or not.
>
> 5.5 * 3600 * 24 = 475200 msg/day

1/2  a million emails a day is good generally for most mail servers.

> If each user send 4 mails per hour, 4 * 24 =96 msg/day

statics by mirapoint suggest 3 emails a day at 16Kb size with people
picking up there mail 3 times a day (this is for ISP`s)

> 475200 / 96 = 4950 users
>
> That means my cyrus mail server can only support 4950 users. That is not
> much for a big organization.

Just to give you an idea in ISP terms (this all depends on million of
things) 1/2 million email a day =~ 30000 users. (but it depends
on what type of users they are, this is heavy day users).

--
Simon Loader