excessive logins by users

twk twk at ncsu.edu
Thu Sep 26 17:26:23 EDT 2002

Over the past two days I have discovered connected IMAP clients excessively
checking for new mail. One was checking every 10 seconds or so (over 14,000
logins in a day). Her computer was running Pegasus Mail, and the time check
interval was set to 0 seconds (ack!).

David...if you are listening, this should be in units of minutes (like every
other mail client), not seconds. And I hope that 0 is not the default.

Is there any automated way to deal with this in Cyrus? Can the number of logins
in a specific time period be limited?

Suggestions, etc welcome.

Regards,
Tom
Tom Karches                    email : twk at ncsu.edu
Web Systems Administrator      phone : 919.515.5508
NCSU Information Technology