Berkeley DB4 can;t allocate memory errors

Aidan Evans ae at is.dal.ca
Tue Oct 1 14:31:42 EDT 2002

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002 at 13:31 Su Li wrote to 'Aidan Evans' and...

>>From what I experienced. The delivery speed exceeds the capacity of IMAP
>server. There are a lot of lmtpd process and your are really ran out of
>memory. Just limit the speed of delivery from Sendmail. Or try tuning up the
>performence of IMAP server.

  Thanks, but I don't think this can be it.  I have mail delivery
configured so that there are never any more than five lmtpd processes
running simultaneously.  These errors, once they started happening at
nearly 11 p.m. on Friday night, a pretty quiet time, have not ceased since.
At the time they started Cyrus has been running for about two weeks under
all kinds of loads.

Aidan Evans   | Networks & Systems
(902)494-3332 | University Computing & Information Services