thought's about upgrading to RedHat 8.0

Scott Russell lnxgeek at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 2 18:51:32 EDT 2002

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 12:15:47AM +0200, Bryntez wrote:
> You know - when you have a working box - you don't want to mess
> things up by any unessesary software upgrades, which can give
> you a lot of headache outwards the evening.... :-)
>
> Any thoughts or recommendations regarding upgrading to
> Redhat 8.0 ?

Red Hat 8.0 looks pretty. I trust it for workstation usage today. I
don't trust it for server usage yet. why? It's only been available for
a short time. Give it 6 months. There is no reason to move from 7.3 to
8.0 on the server side that I can see.

--
  Scott Russell (lnxgeek at us.ibm.com)
  Linux Technology Center, System Admin, RHCE.