Tcl interface for mclient, and the copyright in the imclient man page

Randy Kunkee randy at randallkunkee.com
Tue Oct 8 02:48:01 EDT 2002

I've looked at the cyradm.c implementation of a Tcl interface.  The only
thing wrong with it appears to be a little bit rot from not being
supported since Tcl 7.5.  This would seem to be easily overcome with
some programming.  If anybody else is working on this, I'd like to know
about it.

So far, I've played around with adding support for the STATUS and
CAPABILITY commands.  I'm using Tcl8.3 and converted the implementation
to use the Tcl object system.  This interface has great potential for
taking advantages of Tcl's event loop.  All that needs to be added is
support for the mailbox manipulation commands, such as SELECT, EXAMINE,
FETCH, CLOSE, EXPUNGE, etc.  Imclient would seem to make this all very
easy.  Libcyrus.a would need to be made into a shared library for this
to be a dynamically loadable package.

The copyright in the imclient man page is very restrictive, specifically
excluding commercial use.  Since I'm intending commercial use, would
somebody please say if this is still true or is this an oversight of not
updating documentation?  Doc/readme.html has a clearly less restrictive
copyright.

Regards,
Randy