database types

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Mon Oct 14 03:25:40 EDT 2002

Iain Stevenson schrieb:

> There has recently been a short discussion on the list about this - cones
> down to efficiency issues.  Not using db4 would seem also to eliminate
> warnings about "lockers".  I'd be more worried about migration issues from
> one sort of database to another.  Last time I tried modifying the database
> structure of my Cyrus installation I lost a considerable amount of mail.

I don't know about the Debian packages but as a maintainer of RPM
packages, I implemented some db converting mechanisms which will
automagically convert any dbs on the fly. I have used my own packages on
different servers and haven't had any problems. The good thing is that I
also didn't get any problem reports concerning the db conversion. Would
be nice to get some feedback from people who are using my rpms.

Simon