Upgrade from 1.5.19 to 2.1.9

Gardiner Leverett gdl at merit.edu
Mon Oct 21 12:15:27 EDT 2002

Gardiner Leverett wrote:

> Here are the steps I followed:
>
> 1) Copied the mailboxes flat file, and the user and quota
> directories from the old server to the new server.
>
> 2) Copied the mail into the appropriate directory
> on the new machine.
>
> 3) Ran the "dohash" in the config directory
> (I had to make a mod in the script because reading the
> config, it wouldn't find the configdirectory.)
>
> 4) Ran the ctl_mboxlist -u < mailboxes and
> ctl_cyrusdb -c
>
> 5) When I log back into cyradm and list the mailboxes,
> I get no list  of the mailboxes.

Let me add to this:

The dohash seems to have worked and created the
quota and user directories correctly.  Also, there is also
a mailbox.db file with several backups.  I can list
a quota on the mailboxes, but when I try to "lm",
I get the mailbox doesn't exist.

Also, if reconstruct -m isn't available, how do I
reconstruct the entire user tree?  Make a script
to do it manually with a -r?