Recovering from crashes - improvements needed!

Iain Stevenson iain at iainstevenson.com
Sat Oct 26 16:40:49 EDT 2002

I had a system crash which, as it turns out, trashed mailboxes.db and
deliver.db.  Whilst trying to sort this out, I found that ctl_cyrusdb went
into a loop.  I'm sure it's a loop because 16 hours seems a bit too long to
repair a system with 5 users and strace showed no change for the
ctl_cyrusdb process.  It would be nicer for ctl_cyrusdb to fail with a
suitable message if it found mailboxes.db was garbage.

I also took the opportunity to change the mailboxes.db to skiplist.
However, skiplist moaned about not finding a "skipstamp" - what is that,
and how should I create it (if I need to)?

  Iain